Sunday, March 28

George and Betty

A nosy fascination into other people's lives makes buying old photographs a complusion.
A single moment, forever frozen in time.
When...why...where?
This week I've listed some batches of photos for sale on my eBay auctions.

Clearing out a cupboard this afternoon unearthed Ted's treasured old family album, and we spent a nostalgic couple of hours looking at childhood pictures.
I particularly love this wartime photo of his parents...Bet's suit is stunning- she looks like a movie star!

8 comments:

Kitsch and Curious Elaine said...

What a lovely blog! You've found some wonderful things. Funnily enough Mr Kitsch just bought a bunch of old photos yesterday, and they've started his imagination whirring.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

winnibriggs said...

What a great photo and I agree the suit is stunning.
Jenny x

Andi's English Attic said...

Everyone seemed to look like a movie star back then. I love looking at old b+w photos. I particularly like the one on your blog header. xx

Josie-Mary said...

Hello, Had to pop over to say hello after seeing your lovely picture on Donna's comment page.
I love old photo's, everyone looks so smart :)

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

I love old photographs too and use them a lot when I am in one of my creative moods, especially like to use them on ATC's and altered books. I just love making up imaginary worlds for the people in them to inhabit. I have actually bought some from you in the past.
Love the mother-in-laws suit they both look so smart and well turned out
Debbie

Vintage to Victorian at Dairy House Antiques said...

Beautifully turned out! Haven't we seen photos of Wallis Simpson in a suit like that?

Sue

ted and bunny said...

Oh crumbs...was Wallis Simpson really my mother-in-law?

shirley said...

I knew you`d always got a bit of royalty about you dear......................

Related Posts with Thumbnails