Thursday, March 25

What to do with a Bad Mood

I woke up in a bad mood.
It took me so much by surprise I quickly shut my eyes again and tried to pretend I hadn't noticed.
No, it was still there.
I counted my blessings (of which there are many)
I counted chocolate treats (of which there are probably too many)
I counted favourite pairs of shoes (definitely too many)'
It was still there.
I got up, slipped a coat over my jammies, wellies on
my feet and went for a walk.

The best decision I made today was to leave the bad mood by the front gate. (Am I responsible if the postman picks it up?)
I walked across the field


and up towards the woods where my favourite little catkin tree is trying very hard to be like the grown-ups!
I realised my shoulders were still tight and I was stomping instead of striding, so I started singing- luckily no one was around to hear!

The snowdrops have disappeared on cue with the warmer weather, and this will soon be a heady carpet of bluebells, mixed with the unmistakable scent of wild garlic.

Back along the side of the woods, surprising the early morning rabbits and catching sight of two deer in the distance- alas I wasn't quick enough with the camera.
Needless to say, by the time I got home the bad mood had gone as quickly as it had arrived!

9 comments:

Emma said...

That's quite a nice way to get rid of a bad mood.

Country Style Living said...

Just popped over for I Love My House. You have a lovely blog! Can't wait to see the wood covered with bluebells!

ted and bunny said...

I can't wait either- it's my favourite time of year (although I think I say that all year round!)

BusyLizzie said...

well done, those bad moods need to be squashed.. haven't got time for them! Lizzie x

winnibriggs said...

Wow! In some respects I wish I was in a bad mood for your lovely blog would soon have sent it packing. Love flags too and am now off to look at your Ebay site to see what's on offer.
Will be following you closely from now on; in the nicest possible way of course.
Jenny x

shirley said...

Is my favourite big French bull still there?

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Thats a great way to shake off those bad feelings, a stomp and then a skip. Please post when the bluebells come out. I have recently moved and my old garden was full of them in the Spring, I will miss them.
Debbie

ted and bunny said...

Debbie- I'll post bluebells just for you!
x

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Wow, now I feel really special...
Hope your feet have warmed up.
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails