Tuesday, March 16

The kitchen dresser


Armed with Denise's uplifting clearing-and-cleaning thoughts from a bun can dance I was all set to tackle the kitchen dresser this morning.
In an overstuffed household my limited "collections" are housed on the dresser temporarily, but never seem to move on.
It would be nice to reach the plates more easily...



but should the match-strikers and Easter chicks go...



or the clockwork toys...



or the string holders and mice brooches?

In the end I decided I loved them all, washed and dusted everything which made us all feel happier and put the plates in a cupboard.

5 comments:

shirley said...

I want it ALL......................All of it.................NOW!!!! It says so much about you...........slightly loopy but SO gorgeous!
Our love to you Madame.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andi's English Attic said...

An overstuffed dresser is a joy to look at. For us at least! xx

A Bun Can Dance said...

sounds like the perfect solution!
I love your clockwork toys, they must be a lot of fun to play with :-)
Thank you for the link too!
Happy days to you,
Denise x

jane and the happy crow said...

A girl after my own heart! What are cupboards for if not to store plates? I think your dresser is much more interesting and beautiful with all those little friends, now perky and dusted, on show. Lovely things! Jane xx

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Plates are boring so much nicer to see your interesting collection of oddities. A woman after my own heart. I have a smashing old French dresser that is covered in things that I love and which has woodworm that I am constantly keeping at bay but which I would not have any other way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails