Tuesday, March 9

The stair wall

Our house is small and space is always at a premium when I have SUCH a hard time parting with some of the treasures I buy to sell.

Optimistically I call these things "stock in hand" and kid myself that I'm just waiting until the time is right. Right for what, I haven't quite decided.

I adore pictures, and use the excuse that taking them from the wall would show crumbling plaster and a slection of nail holes where they weren't positioned correctly at first (or second...) try, so it makes more sense to keep them in situ.
I don't think I fool anyone.








There are some softly coloured silks such as this flapper girl

  
  and Moonlight Melodies by the Victorian artist WS Coleman, who painted the Flowers of the East Series, later used as Pears Prints.                                 

Collages made from postage stamps, watercolour paints and antique textiles




Sweetly coloured prints by Margaret Tarrant who's one of my favourite artists

I love collections of similar things all grouped together



6 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

I've taken a sharp intake of breath. I'm fine hanging one picture but bring another into the equation and I NEVER hang them correctly, so to see all these pictures hung so beautifully - I'm really impressed. The pictures are lovely too. I especially like the bottom left in the last picture. xx

ted & bunny said...

Oh but you should see all the nail holes behind every picture...if at first you don't succeed!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Such gorgeous prints! What a fabulous collection.

Brilliant to see you here in Blogland...I have bought a few items from you over the years...most recently some c1950's towelling fabric printed with sea shells - loved it!
Niki

ted & bunny said...

Hi Niki- lovely to meet up again. I loved that fabric so much I kept a photo of it...how sad is that! xx

Annie said...

It's great to read your blog, you have been one of my ebay favourite sellers for along time and I bought one of my favourite things from you. I t is a large floral work bag with a wooden clasp on the top.I love Margaret Tarrant too and have a lot of he pictures and postcards framed around the house.
Ann x

Kim said...

I love how you have hung the pictures you are waiting for the right time for.

Related Posts with Thumbnails