Monday, April 5

France? No, Shepton. . .



I had planned to go brocanting in France over Easter, leaving Ted at home to decorate the bedroom.
Alas plans went awry on both counts (as they often do) and so Sunday saw us join the huge crowds at the Shepton Mallet Collectors Fleamarket


First stop was with Lizzie (her stand always looks so beautiful) where I bought these sweet little handpainted letter labels- I plan to use them to re-enforce my "write-a-proper-letter-with-a-fountain-pen-to-everyone-I-know" New Year resloution



The weather stayed fine and there were 100s of stalls.
It wasn't the French weekend I had planned but we picked up some nice pieces






although I'll keep this picnic blanket for the Goodwood Revival in September.



The perfect vintage pinny with ricrac and rosebuds- and it reverses to white organza "for evening"


A birthday gift for a girlfriend who's gone all "Lucinda" this year, with a girls-in-pearls makeover.


Looking forward to warmer weather and dining Al Fresco, vintage hydrangea print linen tablecloth

and cutsie 70s patchwork sundress


1940s blue crepe dress which I photographed to sell...then I tried it on...and now it's in my wardrobe!




Vintage wooden hatblock to use for taking eBay photos- I've been wanting one for ages.


Antique lace handkerchief


70s chunky glass necklace (I'm wearing this now!)

1947 knitting pattern book , and a big batch of 40s and 50s patterns





Sweet little crackled and shabby floral lamp base



shabbychic striped deckchair canvas windbreak fabric


vintage wool rug which would look stunning in this kitchen
(I love these colours)


There's also 2 big laundry bags full of textiles waiting to be washed and ironed.
I'll just have to eat extra Easter Eggs for stamina!

5 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

You found some lovely things! It was a great day out, I was pleased with what I found on that day. I didn't see Lizzie's stall though!

Hope you've had a lovely Easter weekend

Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful things !
I love that wooden hatblock.
Have a nice week,
Sylvia

BusyLizzie said...

Good finds! It is frustrating being stuck on a stall when I see what you girlies find! It all looks great. See you at the Dairy House next weekend? xx

OhSoVintage said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You are listed as one of my favourite sellers on ebay but I didn't know you had a blog. You have found some lovely things. I particularly like the milliner's block and the gentlemen in the knitted swimming trunks!

winnibriggs said...

Wonderful goodies. Especially the hat block. Shame were so far away the flea market sounds great :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails