Friday, April 23

Oh, thankyou!



How lovely; thankyou Maisey's Attic for the Kreative Blogger Tag.
At the outset I was concerned that my quirky lifestyle wouldn't be of interest, so the warm welcome and kind comments left by so many have been really encouraging.


In the spirit of the award for being creative, I'd like to pass this on to

simply-chateau
em's shabby shack
looking ahead thru the rear view mirror
these foolish things
dollytub cottage
the kitsch and the curious
cosiness

I know that some people prefer not to accept these tags, but I still wanted you to know that the time you spend creating such lovely blogs is much appreciated and admired.

So. . .to comply with my task,
7 things you didn't (want to) know about me. . .

I drive an old white pick-up truck affectionately called Mr P.

Unashamedly, I listen to the Archers.

I use Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puddings.
Yes, I know it's only flour and water but hers rise, taste nice and go golden while mine remain pasty Yorkshire Puddles.

Thermostatically, I'm the coldest person on the planet.
I loved my hot flushes because just for once I actually felt warm.

Other girls slavishly follow Elle or Vogue.
For me, it's the Damart Catalogue (see above).

My first pony was called Jimmy.
He cost 72 pounds and 10 shillings as a very mischevious 4 year old and lived well into his late thirties-retaining his wicked sense of humour to the end!
I fell off when I tried him out, but we still bought him because he was all we could afford!

I have the Edward Scissorhands approach to pruning so garden secateurs are under lock-and-key.

I'm number-dyslexic (I'm sure there's a legal name for it).
Show me figures and I go into meltdown.
(Is this 7 or 8?)

17 comments:

Kim said...

You are just a scream! I love your posts and so excited that you like mine too. Your sense of humor makes me laugh every time...and you are alot like me I've discovered..and that is really good! hahaha. I do work really hard on my posts and can be found every nite sitting here getting fatter but it is worth it for wonderful friends like you that are an appreciative audience. So when ever you see a new post, you know I'm thinking of you while hammering away at this keyboard! Love to you and Kit. Kim xxoo

Sylvia said...

Hello,
I really appreciate you've chosen my blog, thank you so much for this award !
I already received one last year in November. I mentioned seven things but I chose not passing the award.
I'll post about yours anyway.
Nice to read these things about you.
Have a great weekend,
Sylvia

Emma said...

Why thank you for passing on the blog award to me, of which I will accept most graciously, I will do a post on it soon.
It is ok infact to use Aunt Bessies yorkshire puds honestly! I use them myself.
Hope you get your deck chair sorted...Em xx

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Nothing wrong with Aunt Bessie's - she has been using them for years....
Debbie

BusyLizzie said...

Brilliant! I only chose to be an award free zone as I know that there are just not enough hours in each day..sadly!
Lizzie x
PS Hot flushes are driving me bonkers at the moment as they happen between 2 and 5 am.... horrible! let me know if you would like a comp ticket for Shepton 3 day fair?

Menopausal musing said...

Night sweat city here................ so I can hardly keep my eyes open and it isn't even 9pm......

Loved your comment re the Damart catalogue! Very funny........ :O)

winnibriggs said...

Congratulations on your award, you deserve it. I always go away with a smile on my face!

ilovemyhouse said...

Creative and.... funny! I love the way you write, makes me laugh. ( Who cares about numbers then?) xx

Jille said...

I have just discovered your blog from a link on Dollytub cottage. I'm so glad I did, yours is my kinda blog! Have become a follower.
Jille x

Autumn Mist said...

I love your blog too, and am also totally looking forward to the hot flush stage. I keep going to the doctor in hope, but he assures me I am still too young. I love the pony story, and totally understand!

ted and bunny said...

I think I'm having a flush with all these compliments!
Thankyou everyone, I feel like a Princess; after my lethargy last week this has really perked me up!
xx

John Gray jgsheffield@hotmail.com said...

love your vintage photo on the header!

thank you for your comments on the blog
johnx

Andi's English Attic said...

Hey, I'm numerically challenged too. I couldn't even help my daughter with her maths homework when she was six! I love selling at car boot sales but hate having to work out the money side. Start talking numbers at me and my eyes glaze over and my brain closes down. xx

Chickens in the Basement said...

Congrats on the award! I'm a new reader, so it's nice to learn new things about you!

ted and bunny said...

Chickens in the Basement: I never knew it was so difficult to find 7 things about yourself to write about!
(well 7 things that were in reasonably good taste/legal/you wouldn't mind your mum reading!)

Shirl said...

Congratulations on your award. I'm with you on Aunt Bessie's yorkshires. I think our Shadow is shaping up to be like your Jimmy was. Ah well, gotta love them for who they are. I have to admit to getting the horse bug and am SERIOUSLY considering buying another, but not enough pennies in the jar as yet lol!

Hope your weekend is going well ... :0)

Shirl x

Kitsch and Curious Elaine said...

Thank you so much for this award. I'm so sorry it took me so long to respond. I intended to post an immediate response, but my blogging of late has been extremely haphazard! Anyway, my latest blog contains an acknowledgement of this award at last. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails