Tuesday, April 20

A workaholic doing nothing? Nah...

For a self-confessed workaholic, the words
DOING NOTHING are a total anathema.
And yet, here I am with no furniture to paint, no textiles to launder, no hats to steam, no photographs to take...and horror of horrors,
NO EBAY LISTINGS!
This strange idea of a (dare I whisper the word)
 h  o  l  i  d  a  y
came quite out of the blue.
One morning all was as normal...the next I woke up and didn't feel like working.
Completely flat, totally drained.
My get-up-and-go had simply gone.
As a great believer of listening to what your body says
(why does my body ALWAYS say more chocolate [and shoes])
I've decided to take it easier for a little bit.
No plans, no hard-and-fast rules, just see where a resting mind and body leads.
Unchartered territory here I come!

image: Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

12 comments:

Annie said...

Enjoy your rest it sounds as though you deserve it. Hopefully you will get to enjoy some sunshine and re charge your batteries. Take care Ann x

ilovemyhouse said...

Way to go girl! xx

Menopausal musing said...

My body is always telling me to ignore the housework........

Enjoy your free time :O)

Emma said...

Tell you what pop over to mine then, seems you have nothing to do and help me paint these blasted items for my ebay!..lol
Enjoy your rest..x

A Bun Can Dance said...

Oh yes!
Good for you - to be in tune with what our bodies want to do is the best way forward, I am certain of it. Of course, it has taken over 40 years for me to put that into practice!!
It may seem I'm going off on a tangent here, but do you know the Shakespeare Play "Much ado about Nothing"? Well, one of the meanings of the word "nothing" in Will's day was "noting" .... I love that.... when we do nothing, we are actually TAKING NOTE of what is going on around us, and inside ourselves too. So if you need an excuse, and I don't thing you do! - but you could point out that NOTHING = NOTING.... you're busy taking note of life :-)
Happy days,
Denise x

ted and bunny said...

oh wise words Denise
Thankyou, it means I'm not really doing nothing after all!
xx

crafty cat corner said...

Good for you, Ebay is quite tiresome sometimes but addictive all the same.
Love your blog and have been dropping in on your wonderful finds on ebay for some time.
Have a lovely relaxxxxxxxxxx
Briony

Shirl said...

Ebay does seem to be a little quiet at the moment so you might as well enjoy your holiday! ... :0)

Shirl x

Vintage from the Village said...

Oh my goodness, enjoy the rest and come back soon !! The Post Office will have a arest as well !!
Sue x

BusyLizzie said...

go for it girl! Put those feet up.. might do the same tomorrow.. but business as usual after that! xx

Country Style Living said...

Enjoy..

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

"I'm busy doing nothing working the whole day through trying to find lots of things not to do. singing to the tune from the film lah lah lah.
Good on you.
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails