Saturday, May 22

Heaven on Earth

When I awoke this morning I knew
I had to go walking.

For once, our Saturday morning fleamarket held no allure

and as the promise of a summer's day unfolded

I stepped quietly with nature.

Dappled light on dandelion clocks,

the pungent scent of wild garlic

and a ladybird, doing her morning chores.

Across the open fields

where backlit by a perfect blue sky, pylons stride

like magnificent metal monsters.

And then the cool sweet serenity

as I walked deep into
The Bluebell Woods.

Birdsong of exquisite clarity

harmonised by the drone of humming bees.

The air so thick with the scent
of bluebells in full bloom

that it must surely seep into the very
centre of your soul.

I sat here for a long, long time.
Truly, this must be heaven on earth?

17 comments:

linda said...

'Bluebell Woods'.....i love that name!
And i loved this post.

Gena said...

Indeed it is Elaine!I felt the same just looking at my little back garden today,how often do we not really see the magic in front of our very eyes? hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

Lucy@Corset Laced Mannequins said...

stunning photos. do you use Flickr? it's great for sharing images and these are beautiful. Lucyxx

winnibriggs said...

That was a beautiful post. Very moving and poetic. I felt I was there with you sharing all of your senses. Thank you for that.
Jenny

Autumn Mist said...

These photos are beautiful, has it been red hot? We've had 28 degrees. I do love to see the bluebells. Can you ride where you've walked?

Chickens in the Basement said...

Your photos are so pretty, they don't look real!

ted and bunny said...

as always, thankyou for your kind comments.

Lucy- I've not used Flikr but I think I oughta try!

Autumn Mist- yes, we do ride on a path that goes thru the blubell woods, always lovely very 1st thing in the morning

Priscilla said...

I love the photos from your walk! I have become interested in going walking myself.. I am on the hunt for some comfy boots!ha,ha It is lovely to enjoy the countryside.. Enjoy your week

Priscilla x

Kim said...

WOW!

Menopausal musing said...

Hasn't it just been wonderful? Lovely, lovely photos...............

Sylvia said...

Yes, this looks like heaven on earth !
Gorgeous pictures, so beautiful and quietly !
Nice week,
Sylvia

Maisey's Attic said...

Hi

I loved reading your post, and looking at your gorgeous photos - it was like going on a walk with you - I think you would love Flickr.

Wishing you a happy week

xxx

Emma said...

Sometimes you just have to stop,look and appreciate what is around you, which I think you did quite nicely on your walk. Beautiful...x

ilovemyhouse said...

You are soo right to skip the fleamarket this time. Nature is all you need. xx

OhSoVintage said...

I enjoyed going on that walk with you! Stunning photos.

Emma said...

That comment was hilarious.
A classic.
What are we like?
Still Laughing now..x

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Oh Elaine, more of your lovely bluebells, such beautiful pictures, what a blissful mornings walk you made me feel like I was walking by your side. Thank you

Related Posts with Thumbnails