Saturday, July 3

Fabric fabric fabric. . .and yet more fabric!


These are some of the fabrics listed
on my tedandbunny eBay site this week.
There are rolls of unused fabric and some really good batches
of small remnants in cotton,Viyella, silk and Art-Silk,  
ideal for craft projects.

The textiles were a Fabulous Find. . .the entire collection
from a lady who made hand-embroidered lingerie
and children's smocked dresses for
Liberty of London and The White House back in the 1940s and 1950s.
There are bags full of partly-finished smocked dresses and
gorgeously girlie floral printed cottons and slinky Art Silks-
and this ancient smocking machine!


Needless to say my stockroom is covered with heaps of fabric
as I try to sort through all these bags!



I'll show you more photos when I surface!
Until then. . .

12 comments:

Vintage from the Village said...

Cor you lucky thing, I would LOVE a rummage in that lot !

Jee said...

I'm off to ebay, quick!

Lalabibaby said...

I'm following Jee ! xx

Cheap2Chic said...

What a fantastic haul! I'd love to be with you digging into those bags x

Sherri B. said...

Wow, now that is a true find! Isn't it great to get a treasure like that and a story to go with it? Have a great weekend.

KC'sCourt! said...

WOW! Fantastic haul, I'm truly envious
Julie xxxxx

ilovemyhouse said...

i would love to go thrue these fabrics. Some prints can be quite valuable. Please show us when you have surfaced! Have a lovely weekend XX
ps What did you think of the Dutch eating the Brasilians alive?

The Little Vintage Company said...

Hmm.. surrounded by bags of fabric, sounds like my idea of heaven!
Tamzin X

shirley said...

Oh let me in those bags now!!!!!
xxxx

Menopausal musing said...

I would love to see the smocking machine in action. What a stash to be able to rummage through....

The Zhush said...

Wow...maybe she made dresses for some of the Kennedy clan, this sounds so cool!

Maisey's Attic said...

These look very tempting...I'm so pleased with my recent buy from you (picture on my blog today)...Thankyou...Hope you're having a good summer - xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails