Monday, December 13

Sweetly Smocked


A pleasant time was spent wandering in the winter sunshine yesterday
at Shepton Mallet flea market.

 I (literally) bumped into dear Denise looking GORGEOUS in a
sequined silver hat,
spent ages talking to Liz who has a stall inside, and Shirley who was
selling outside with her daughter, but alas found very little to buy
which was annoying, because although I do love looking and chatting
it was a Working Day and I was low on stock.
.
Apart from a rather unusual Family Register sampler dating from the 1800's
(more about that later when I can bear to share)
I didn't feel very inspired and was disappointed
to come away with only 4 purchases!


Sorting through the linen cupboard later in the afternoon
for fabric I'd promised to show Sandie over at  Rag Rescue
(if you've not seen the site before, go NOW- it's an absolute MUST)
I found these sweetly hand-smocked little children's clothes



and this gorgeous embroidered cotton voile peasant blouse.
Needing to cheer myself up with something nice to sell 
on tedandbunny eBay I photographed and listed them
and felt a whole lot happier with the day. . .
and I've still got the money to spend after Christmas :)


9 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

The little toddler outfits are gorgeous
Julie xxxxxxx

ilovemyhouse said...

Those little dresses are so very lovely. Wish my girls were still small so they could wear them. Well at least you have a thriving e bay shop and i cannot seem to even get started. ( Yes sitting in my PJ's behind the computer and thinking about it is what i do a lot:)))
Have a happy, happy Monday my dear.

XX

Jee said...

Lovely little smocked clothes - don't know anyone to wear them, unfortunately.

melbatoast68 said...

The smocked dress brings back memories. I had a yellow gingham one when I was a child. It was one of my favs. Love the peasant blouse! So pretty!

Menopausal musing said...

I had a little smocked dress as a child and loved it. It was for "best".......... Smocking is just soooooooo pretty.

Isabelle - Suzy Gaby and Maud said...

I wasn't able to go at the weekend. I love the little dresses. I frequently dresses like that when I was a child. I remember how I had fun pulling the stretchy bit to see the patterns change...
Isabelle x

Vintage Tea Time said...

Oooh, love those little smocked outfits - beautiful! Glad you got cheered up!

OhSoVintage said...

I love the little girl's dress and I used to have a cheesecloth top similar to the last photo in the 70s.

Bizzy Days said...

Love the little smocked dress and suit.
Popped over to rag rescue too....what a lovely place to be :)
Off to write my Christmas cards now....
Have a great week Elaine.
Donna x

Related Posts with Thumbnails