Friday, March 25

been busy!


Preparations are getting into full swing for
and giving a refreshing facelift to some
items for sale has been really enjoyable
outside in the lovely sunny weather this week. . .


The gaudy gold of this 1960s cheval mirror
has been tempered with a fresh off-white,
rubbed back to reveal a shabby glimpse
of times past


I love the ornamental scrollwork, and I can just see
a DELICIOUS pair of shoes being displayed
on the drawer at the base!


This old travel trunk was covered in rather tired blue vellum
so I've turned it into a Map Chest with panels from
Vintage 1950s travel guides, lightly waxed
for added protection


it has brass capped corners and clasps, metal studs and
nautical rope for handles.
There's a useful lift-out tray inside which also got the map treatment!


This dinky little pine scrub-top table means
even the smallest kitchen gets the Farmhouse Look,
and best of all the legs un-bolt for ease of transport!


The legs and skirt have been painted and waxed,
the top simply sanded and left bare.
I've not removed the old ink stains and signs of pre-love-
we all know it's what makes these vintage pieces SO unique :)

I'd better get back to work now. . .



20 comments:

bootextiles said...

Love the map chest. Sadly I am too far away to visit the village hall, I would love to have popped in to look at all your treasures. x

Alix said...

What lovely creations! I'm going to have to make sure I get to 'Vintage at the Village Hall' bright and early this time. I'm considering dossing down in a nearby hedge...
x

Vintage Tea Time said...

Gorgeous things - well done. Love the mapped trunk - v funky! Enjoy the weekend! Abby x

Fading Grace said...

I'm really looking forward to Vintage at the Village Hall....and love what you've done to the Mirror.....well love all of it really!!! well done xxx

Sherri B. said...

That was a great idea to cover that chest with the maps, turned out great! Have a nice weekend.

Heidi said...

I love your wall of art everything looks wonderful...that trunk!

melbatoast68 said...

Everything looks so lovely! Wish I weren't so far away, or that mirror and trunk would find a spot in my home :) Have a great week-end!

Liz said...

Love the mirror and the chest. Wish I was nearer and could come to the Village Hall.
Liz

Ivy Black said...

Lovely! Your wall of art looks fabulous.
xxx

My Spotty Pony said...

Oh, I love the teddy holding the poster, such a sweet face.
I could see that trunk in my home.. what a brilliant idea to cover it with old maps, it looks wonderful.
Have a great weekend, Abby x

Kim said...

I love your house...want you to post more pics.
Do you like Adele? Just bought her cd '21' and thought of you!
Love to Kit♥

Terry said...

I too love the map chest!

A Treasured Past said...

Wow, your picture wall is amazing..sorry I couldn't stop looking at it to see the mirror..haha

And your trunk is really cool. Tam x

John Gray said...

love the table!

Menopausal musing said...

When did you sneak this post in then? Nearly missed it......... Loving the little table and your picture wall.

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Love your new header..bear looks so confident holding his flyer - just know you will have lots of people through the doors

Your wall of pictures is truly inspiring and I love what you have done with the mirror so pretty.

Sylvia said...

You've been very busy, Elaine, the mirror is beautiful in off-white !
The bear in your new header is a cutie !
Have a nice week,
Sylvia

Hesta Nesta said...

Love Teddy holding the flyer at the top of your Blog and I adore that map covered trunk, it looks fantastic!! Sorry I haven't paid for my stand yet OOOps!! Promise I will send it this week....really looking forward to meeting everyone. Have a great week.
Jo xx

Ticking stripes said...

Loving the art wall and the map chest - gorgeous!

Miss Mary Elliott said...

Loving the chest! I've been looking for union jack paper as I love it on trunks but 'maps' is a fab idea too xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails