Tuesday, March 15

Sandie at Rag Rescue



one of my very first eBay customers was the lovely Sandie
 and although we've never actually met,
over the course of 10 years we've chit-chatted via email
before discovering eachothers blogs


Last year I bought a huge bundle of smocked dress panels
from the estate of a lady who made children's clothes
for Liberty of London in the 1950s


and who better to see the potential of these works-in-progress
than Sandie, who runs the most amazing on-line shop


Not only does Sandie sell a dazzling array of
re-cycled old fabrics and vintage embellishments,
she also felts


and used little smocked panels to make up the birds in
this wonderful picture for her grand daughter- 
more details and pictures are on Feltissimo

I just SO love it when something old
begins another life as something new!

10 comments:

Hesta Nesta said...

I too love rag rescue and have just bought the most divine Boudoir doll from Sandie. Some people are so clever to see the potential in old things, and it always amazes me what ideas they think up...very inspirational.
Jo xx

WinnibriggsHouse said...

A lady of many talents, I just love the flower details on that piece! I am always fascinated to see what others do with reclaimed fabrics, the ideas never cease to amaze me.
Jenny x

My Spotty Pony said...

Great ideas and wonderful colours!
Hope Bruce is being a well behaved boy for you out riding, Abby x

Andi's English Attic said...

WOW! Such talent. Beautiful.

Terry said...

Very creative!

Menopausal musing said...

A lovely use of the smocked panels..........

crafty cat corner said...

Smocking, now there's a thing, I used to love it and decided to have another go a while back, I tried to find smocking dots and had a great deal of trouble. Obviously smocking is not done much nowadays.....
How ingenious of her to make birds, they are lovely.
Briony
x

melbatoast68 said...

Absolutely adorable!

sue15cat said...

That is gorgeous, what a talented lady.

Sue xx

Nearly there Claire said...

Wow, that is GORGEOUS! What a clever lady.

My Mum used to make me dresses made out of ready smocked(?)fabric when I was a little girl. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails