Wednesday, March 9

Storecupboard Staples are a Girls Best Friend :)



On early morning autopilot making sandwiches/drinking tea/answering emails

Ted says it's Pancake Day, will you make some later?
yup no problem

On early evening autopilot trying to finish the too-many things I've started before curfew time/drinking tea/answering emails

Ted says ooh pancakes for tea isn't it
err. . .yup. . .no problem. . .if you cross your fingers when you lie it doesn't count ;o)

For a chuck-it-in-and-hope-for-the-best cook like me, I summoned Delia's batter recipe and I did TRY to follow it to the letter, honest!
No one told Martina we needed large eggs and she's still on wintertime mediums so I splashed in some extra milk.
Savoury pancakes would solve the what-to-make-for-supper dilemma so I added a sprinkle of chili flakes.
(Now I'm back on familiar territory hoping-for-the-best!)

Pancakes cooking on the electric ring, between flips time for a scout around the larder.
Oil into the wok, sliced broccoli florets, spring onions, punnet of mushrooms.
Half a tub of hummus, black olives, crumbled feta cheese.

Fill the middle of each pancake, fold the sides over and put in an ovenproof dish.
Pour half a jar of pasta sauce over the top, sprinkle with grated cheese
(I only had Edam so it was more a splat than a sprinkle!)

Served with avocado and watercress salad.

If I say so myself it was blimmin' lovely, with enough batter to have lime and icing sugar pancakes for pudding. . .yes, I admit it-
I forgot to get lemons and caster sugar doh!



16 comments:

OhSoVintage said...

Wow, sounds and looks delicious!

Country Style Living said...

Sounds lovely, anything with feta cheese in is always tssty........

Sherri B. said...

It is so fun to see what you all are making for your pancake Tuesday. We don't have that over here (if we do, I know nothing of it) so I am happy that you are sharing!

Hesta Nesta said...

It looks absolutely yummy, can I come round for tea please??? I was very naughty...I forgot the pancakes!!
Jo xx

Vintage Tea Time said...

Oooh, I'm drooling!! Looks just my sort of food! Abby x

sue15cat said...

I completely forgot.....ooops!!

But as Lovely Hubby didn't mention anything...I guess he did too! :-)

Yours look yummy!!

Sue xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Sounds very yummy!
Julie xxxxxx

Menopausal musing said...

All round to your place next pancake day then........

tracey @ the vintage bothy said...

Miss Bunny, sounds lovely I expect Dave loved it all.
M made us pancakes last night and we squeezed lemons from my own tree!
Josie xx

tracey @ the vintage bothy said...

p.s. We have left over, left over stew tonight, just throw in more tinned toms, butter beans, veg.

melbatoast68 said...

It's lunch time here and that looks divine!

Autumn Mist said...

That sounds absolutely gorgeous! My stomach's rumbling just thinking about it.

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

Makes my offerings of lemon and sugar or a banana that was a little over ripe look a little paltry.

carol at home said...

Sounds lovely, ended up making pancakes at about 11pm as I'd forgotten them this year.

Crafty Sea Muse said...

Sounds absolutely yummy!

Shirl x

Kim said...

You crack me up...this is the part I loved~
'No one told Martina we needed large eggs and she's still on wintertime mediums'
I have laughed and laughed about this!
What a cook you are...you go girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails