Sunday, January 29

chocolate banana bliss


It started with 3 over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl. . .
followed by a thoughtful flick of cook book pages. . .
a meeting of eggs oil flour cocoa and sugar. . .
and ended with a VERY gluttonous afternoon tea

The question I have to ask myself
(with the hindsight of chronic indigestion)
is how many chocolate banana muffins
count as TOO many chocolate banana muffins??!

3 very ripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
100g soft light brown sugar
225g plain flour
3 x 15ml tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder, sifted
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 x 12-bun muffin tin


Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with papers. Mash the bananas by hand or with a freestanding mixer.Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar. Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared papers. Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.

15 comments:

Liz said...

They sound lovely - don't think I've tried banana and chocolate together.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Edward said...

They look great and the recipe sound very tasty.
Regards
Edward

Sylvia said...

Mmm, they look delicious, Elaine, wish I could taste one :-)
Nice evening,
Sylvia

Saphy said...

they look so great. I cannot comment on how much cake is to much cake as I have had a mass baking session today.

Menopausalmusing said...

They wouldn't have lasted long in our house either!

sue15cat said...

I think three could be construed as one too many.

You HAVE to have two, one for sampling purposes and then one to eat.

But saying that they DO have to be eaten the day they are made to be at their VERY best don't they and it would be a terrible injustice to let them get stale!!

Sue xx

melbatoast68 said...

Oh dear! I do love bananas as well, but they do give me the worst indigestion. They are about the only thing. I might have to risk it for one of those muffins though.

Rose H (UK) said...

They look SO yummy, I think Chocolate and banana are a wonderful pairing. Cooked banana always makes me suffer too :o( Though banana with chocolate custard is a favourite, and without indigestion!

haizi daizi said...

What a perfect way to spend some time in the kitchen ~ the cakes look absolutely scrumptious and I would have to have at least three if I was sampling them ~ lol!

polkadotpeticoat said...

They look heavenly....

ilovemyhouse said...

There is no such thing as "too many" in this case.
Hope all is well.

XX

My Spotty Pony said...

I would scoff the lot then reach for the Gaviscon!
Hope you are mending well.
Look after yourself xx

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

Hi Miss Bunny, I can't comment as I can't eat bananas, however I made hazlenut & raspberry choc brownies last week and I could only eat 3 until I felt sick!!!
Nice to see that you are feeling well enough to stand and stir the mix!
T x

Pomona said...

All grist to the muffin top! And fattening the quarters . . .

Pomona x

Silvia Jacinto said...

I am very impressed with your article. Keep it up and Good luck with your future post. Visit my site too indicated below.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails