Thursday, March 1

Saturday. . .the Vintage Bazaar Textile Rag & Rummage Sale!


I didn't play with dolls when I was little but spent hours building stables and farms and setting up make-believe shops to sell horses who didn't do as they were told (take heed someone who's name begins with B!) and freshly laid eggs made from yellow Quality Street wrappers.

The games always ended with a huge tea party;  picnic cups, and tiny buckets made from silver foil meticulously set out on checked gingham cloths for all the participating players whether human or animal, and one day my mum baked tiny fairy cakes topped with shredded coconut "hay" (forever after we still call it dessicated hay!)


I spent a pleasurable couple of hours this week setting up a trial stall for the Vintage Bazaar Textile Rag & Remnant Sale to be held in Taunton on Saturday March 3rd, but customers can rest assured they won't have to drink pretend tea from thimbles!


 The last fair I stood at was my own Vintage at the Village Hall in May 2011 (hopefully returning with a bigger venue) so I thought it best to see how much stock I could fit on the table and shelves (the overly optimistic nuisance at the airport faffing with excess baggage is me) and how much we'd be able to shoehorn into the car for the run down to Taunton.


After primping and preening and much re-arranging I'm pleased to report that I only have one large red-spotted bagful of remnants, 2 mannequins and a pintucking machine that couldn't be housed, which I think is quite good going for a person who is hopeless when it comes to judging table space!


Hopefully this new fair will become a fixture on Lizzie and Clare's calendar; with so many larger fairs around it's good to have a venue for an interestingly mixed textile-themed sale, and pick-up some bargains to re-work, re-use, restore or re-sell. . .or just enjoy going home with yet ANOTHER timeless treasure!


It would be lovely to see you there, otherwise I'll tell you all about it next week. Wish me luck!  xx


PS I couldn't have done the the fair without the help of my back-up team. . .
Ted said he'd drive, unload and help set-up (and even offered to make the sandwiches!) and I CERTAINLY wouldn't have found correcting placing for the saleables without expert advice from the feline Mary Portas. . .


18 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

I'll come and say Hello!
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Liz said...

Good luck - hope all goes as planned!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Jane said...

Hope it goes well!

Hesta Nesta said...

It looks wonderful, just wish I could be there! I love how cats have to get in on the action! Have a lovely time on Saturday.
Jo xx

Linda said...

Looks brilliant good luck can't wait for another " Vintage in the Village Hall "?? xxx Linda

Clare said...

It looks fantastic..I hope you dont mind if I nick some of your pics to help with the PR for it??!

melbatoast68 said...

Very impressive! Hope all goes well!

sue15cat said...

Wishing you lots of luck, but I reckon you should do very well with THAT much stock!!

Hope it goes brilliantly well and you manage to make some room in the car for the return journey for whatever wonderful purchases you make on the day.

(Or can you resist and stay behind you own stall for the day?)

Sue xx

Sherri B. said...

How exciting...I so wish I could come. I have that exact woodend sewing container that opens out, stair-step like, how fun to see it in your things. - What a sweet Mr. to offer to help out like that..Can't wait to hear how it all goes! xo

delia hornbook said...

oohh i like the look of that white and blue handled basket. I am coming as i live it Taunton so this is a great location fair for me ;-) See you there im not sure if i will regonise everyone in blogland doing stalls though unlessw they have there blog nmaes attached. Have a safe journey, dee x

BusyLizzie said...

That is one impressive stall you have there!!! Well done, I cannot wait to see you on Saturday. Lizzie x

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh how I love those words 'rummage sale'.

Good luck. Hope you have fun. xx

Kim said...

Looks like fun to me! and is that our beloved Kit in the middle of the jumble? Love to Kit and you!

OhSoVintage said...

I hope it goes really well. What a lot of stock you have and VERY reasonably priced I might add. We have to pay a lot more than your prices for similar things in Hampshire.
xx

haizi daizi said...

What a fabulous array of goodies you have for sale. Bargains galore! Have a great day and I hope you sell lots of things. Haizi

shirley said...

Looks wonderful Madame!!
xxxxxxxx

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Looks wonderful, wish I was nearer as I would love to rummage through all those threads!!

Oooh Betty said...

Hi, can't believe I have only just found your blog.
I have seen about a million things I would have bought at the fair (probably a good job I wasn't there).
You have a gorgeous Tortie too, I have one called Binka, lovely cats aren't they.
Loving the blog and am off to read some more.
Emma.x

Related Posts with Thumbnails