Sunday, March 4

Fab Fair Saturday!

Saturday's Rag & Rummage Sale in Taunton was another outstanding success
 for Lizzie & Clare with droves of people filling the Village Hall,
shouldering eachother out of the way (in the politest manner possible of course) 
in order to get nearer to the stalls heaped with all manner
of textile-themed goodies!

 We had a fab day; loads of things went off to new homes
(where they'll be far more appreciated than at the back of my stockroom)
and in between serving customers, trying to tidy the jumble that
our stalls had become, talking to interested buyers
and gratefully receiving the delivery of complimentary cuppas,
I had a chance for a catchup with Dairy House Sue & Woo
whose Textile Day on the 15th April is the next event on our must-go calendar.

Some lovely bloggers introduced themselves and its great
to put faces to names- I'm just sorry I wasn't able to chat
properly (or even recall who you all are doh!)
but I do remember Dee, Shelley, and Julie from KC's Court
so pop over to her blog for more details.

I took my camera but was busy from the minute we arrived
and the only time I remembered pics was 30 minutes before
the event ended, when the depleted stands looked a tad sorry
and most of the exhibitors were stuffing their faces
with cake and Twix bars (thank YOU, Wendy in the kitchen-
never was a sugar fix more gratefully received!)

Lizzie, Clare, Jack & George put in so much hard work
which is VERY much appreciated-
roll on the Autumn for a re-run of
The Vintage Bazaar Textile Rag & Rummage Sale at Trull!
xx



8 comments:

delia hornbook said...

It was so good to meet you i love my fabrics i bought i from you and my pommander ;-) It was a great event can't wait for the next one. Take care, dee xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely to meet you all.
Thank you for the link.
And also can't wait for the next one!
Julie xxxxxxxx

Cheap2Chic said...

Glad you had a good day and I'm well, thanks for asking and hope to see you soon! xx

Jill said...

I am really sorry I didn't introduce myself to you, I was the lady who asked to take some photos of your stall, and bought a lovely linen tablecloth from you, it wasn't till I got home and saw the slip in the bag saying who you were that I realised it was you!
If you want any photos then I could email them to you.
Jillx

Sylvia said...

Nice to read that the fair was a great success, Elaine !
Wish you a wonderful week,
Sylvia

BadPenny said...

Sounds busy & fun !

Sherri B. said...

It sounds like a huge success and loads of fun! I wish it could be me as one of the bloggers stopping by to say "hi"...Hahaha..Wow, that would be a total shocker and something I could really see myself doing if I were a wealthy women! xo

Vintage to Victorian at Dairy House Antiques said...

Didn't we have a luvverly time, the day we went to Tru-ull ...

So much hilarity coming from behind our 3 tables, and Liz has promised that you, Helen and Woo and I can be in the same spot next time ;o)))

Speak soon - get the kettle on!

Sxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails