Tuesday, March 6

mud pluggin'


the weather was so mild and Spring-like on Saturday,
I thought Bruce would like to spend a day in the field
without the weight of his winter waterproofs
and feel the sunshine on his back. . .

but of course I'd forgotten that Bruce
would rather feel the mud on his back
and neck
and sides
and tummy
and in his ears
and eyes
and nose. . .



but he was a good boy and didn't fidget too much with the
bristly brush on his tickly bits (of which there are many)
when I scrubbed him clean ready for bed


although he did have a grumble about the length of time
Room Service took to bring his tea!

13 comments:

delia hornbook said...

aahhh Bruce is a very handsom boy looks like he had a great day ;-)Made me smile reading your lovely post the first blog i read today. Have a lovely day the sun is shinning going to be a pretty one but cold. dee xx

Country Style Living said...

Hi Elaine,
I am so looking forward to warmer and longer days! Your Bruce is such a handsome chap! Enjoy your day....

Autumn Mist said...

Goodness, his socks are very clean! And he's standing in his stable with the door open. Zak will do this, but I've no chance with Barnaby, he'd be off! I am a bit fed up with the mud this year, tbh, I'll be glad when it's all dried up.

melbatoast68 said...

I must say that he cleans up well and is a handsome chap! Hope you are well!

Sherri B. said...

Oh my, have you ever seen such a sweet, innocent looking horse? It is a good thing Bruce is so far away, otherwise I'd want to be spoiling him rotten! xo

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love Bruce....what a show stopper...all we keep getting is snow snow snow!!!

Rose H (UK) said...

Now you know I'm in his fan club - I really think you must be exaggerating though, Bruce getting muddy - NEVER! LOL
Rose H
x

Country Cottage Chic said...

They do like a good mud pack beauty treatment don't they? At least Bruce doesn't have vast patches of white like D & B!

ilovemyhouse said...

Bruce likes the same things as Promiss.... XX

Sylvia said...

I think Bruce enjoyed his mud bath, Elaine :-)
Hugs,
Sylvia

OhSoVintage said...

And doesn't he look smart now?

Vintage Squirrel said...

thanks for popping by my blog and taking time to comment. I love the name Bruce for a horse, really made me giggle and he looks such a character!
Katie

Vintage Squirrel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails