Monday, March 26

what friends are for. . .


at those times
when you lean away from the group
and
speak your mind
when
not speaking
would've been
a far 
FAR
better thing to do



it's good to know
that
the group 
still stands tall
and together
(united in their annoyance)

 to catch
and hold
when you
inevitably
fall

without a glimmer of
"I told you so"


and hug you tight
until
you're upright once again
with
the pride
that
ALWAYS
cometh before a fall
firmly restored


side by side
shoulder to shoulder
(trunk to trunk)
through thick and thin

this is what friends do

smooth glossy saplings
weathered old bark

abundant leaves
sparse, colourless twigs

changing seasons
the passing of years

friends. . .
I am TRULY blessed,
even
when my foot
is wedged firmly
in my mouth


8 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh, you have that syndrome too, huh? Join me in a very large club. :)

Jill said...

Love your prose on friends, I think we can all see a little of what you say in everyone.
have a lovely week.
Jillx

Maria said...

Aw...you are blessed indeed....A true friend is like a four leaf clover,hard to find and lucky to havexx

Menopausalmusing said...

Beautifully illustrated by your photos of trees........ a superb post Elaine.

Melissa said...

Don't feel too bad. They still love you and you aren't the only one that likes to chew on shoe leather ;)

polkadotpeticoat said...

Well said....its the ones that speak loud and never turn back and take the time to say their sorry your a great friend!
We all have these moments!

Rose H (UK) said...

Look at it this way, when your foot is in your mouth there's little chance of slipping some chocolate in there too....see, good dieting aid!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Been there, done that! (More than once! Ooops!)
Glad you have true friends who forgive...

I sometimes feel Blogger is guilty of being a bit fake - when I've spoken my mind on the odd post, I've ended up in sticky situations! Life isn't always perfect, as most people's posts portray, so why can't we keep it real?

Thanks for your comments on my blog - always a pleasure to read your words.

Enjoy the sunshine,
Niki x

Related Posts with Thumbnails