Wednesday, July 25

just what was needed. . .


I had an 8.30 doctor's appointment this morning to discuss a recent bone-density scan (don't ask; not the result I'd wanted)
and on a whim I phoned a friend
 to see if she was free and fancied meeting-up for breakfast.

Now, how totally completely and utterly butterly naughty is that!!

We sat under parasols in the little courtyard garden alongside
Number 9 just up from Wimborne Minster's main square,
Stacey had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on a toasted muffin
and I had a large bowl of muesli and yoghurt topped with fresh fruit salad
(alas Bucks Fizz was a temptation too far. . .)

We put the world, our husbands and horses to rights
(not necessarily in that order) and soaked-up the peaceful
ambience of England on a summer's morning
when the weather has finally managed to get it oh so perfectly right.

Sometimes when life seems a tad weightier than you want,
a dear friend and a far-from-routine treat is the best medicine in the world!

18 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

Oh, hope you're ok. Amazing how a catchup with a friend can make you feel better. Take care. M x

OhSoVintage said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. But how decadent to spend the morning partaking of a breakfast feast! I'm sure your friend and the sunshine were exactly what was needed. I'd have had the Buck's Fizz too!
Ruth xx

Hesta Nesta said...

I am sorry to hear that, but I hope that your OK. Your breakfast treat sounds utterly gorgeous and with a Bucks Fizz too! Sometimes friends and a lovely feast are the best medicine in the world.
Love
Jo xx

thriftwood said...

Hope you're ok ... you need your friends when things not going great. have a lovely week, Claire xxx

lettice leaf said...

Bucks Fizz and being on the end of a BLOODY AWFUL BONE SCAN seem to have a certain symmetry to me.

Big cyber hugs,

LLX

Gretel said...

Really sorry to hear this, poor you - Buck's Fizz and friendship would certainly be needed, sending you good wishes from Shropshire.

Sue said...

I do hope you're okay.

It sounds like a lovely breakfast in good company was just what you needed.

Sue xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Oh I do hope things are OK

Breakfast instead of mid morning coffee - just right!

Sending you a hug
Julie xxxxxxxx

Sherri B. said...

A bone scan?!!! I do hope it is to check for bone density and not something else.

I don't know what Bucks Fizz is but it all sounds very tempting.

Please do let us know how you are doing. xxoo

Jee said...

Nothing like a breakfast treat to cheer you up - specially in good company - sorry about the bone scan though. x

Susan T said...

Weight bearing exercise is supposed to do wonders for bone density. So I think a few more breakfasts like that are in order. It sounds wonderful.

Menopausalmusing said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO (re the scan) and Oh YES re the breakfast. Just the sort of pick me up that works!

Su said...

Sounds like just what the doctor should have ordered!

lynda said...

My bone density scan is tomorrow- I dread the results! I think the breakfast out was much needed!

YONKS said...

Hope all goes well for you. I'm glad you are feeling better though. Mmmmmm, breakfast!
Di
X

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

I know exactly what you mean I had not seen Ann for a while and we had a good old catch up last week. Put the world to rights over a cup of Earl Grey Tea made us both feel a whole lot better.

Hope you are not feeling to down about your results.

Debbie

That's Not My Age said...

Looks like a lovely place to have breakfast - and it's always good to catch up with friends. Hope all's OK.

Best wishes, TNMA.

BusyLizzie said...

Sorry to hear the results of the bone scan were not welcome, hopefully nothing serious... but that sort of breakfast sounds like just the ticket. Take care. Liz x

Related Posts with Thumbnails