Saturday, September 22

never mind the fair, how FABULOUS are these!!!


 
OK, so today we were at Hartley Wintney for
Lizzie-&-Clare's-venture-into-Hampshire fair which was good;
a tad slow to start then a nice steady build-up of
interesting and interested customers who were happy to spend
once they were certain they were buying "the right thing".
 
The atmosphere was great, with SUCH lovely sellers on the surrounding stalls
and the Arts & Crafts hall itself was a joy to behold.
 
BUT
all of this pales into insignificance
BECAUSE
I bought the most
FABULOUS
ADORABLE
and
ABSOLUTELY WEARABLE
pair of vintage velvet Matador Pants
and I'm hopelessly
and besotedly
IN VINTAGE LOVE!!

 
I admit the velvet is worn,
and the colour faded to a very gentle (dusty) blue
but happily I like wearing vintage that LOOKS vintage
and the shape of them is divine, with a real high waist and back zipper
and exquisite embroidery down each leg
 
 
finishing with a tiny gold tassel at each cropped, split cuff.
 
(At this point I have to mention that Ted actually hates them
but hey, sometimes that's a good thing- men do have rather a
stereotyped image of what they like to see us in. . .)

 
The original label still stitched to the waistband. . .
Pants by Malbe- how 50s is that!
 
Sooooooo
paired with a fitted top, I have my Christmas Party Outfit neatly sorted.
The only thing to decide is flat pumps or ankle boots?????????
 
And before I forget-
a really big thankyou to Lizzie and Jack, Clare & Mr Clare-
I know organising fairs isn't an easy task, but your concern
for the stallholders is always very much appreciated
and I can't wait for the next one at Trull (just outside Taunton)
on October 27th
 
xxx from a Happy Bunny!!
 
 
 

16 comments:

Hesta Nesta said...

It was lovely to see you again and catch up. I think the matador pants are totally divine and I know you will look fab in them...we want to see some pics please!
Love
Jo xx

Pomona said...

I am actually thinking Prince Charming shoes with buckles ... heavenly trews - I am also thinking frilled shirts and velvet cloaks. A most perfectly wonderful find!

Pomona x

nilly said...

Just keep well away from Mr Kipling!

Vintage Jane said...

Glad you had a good day. The trews are gorgeous. Where are the pics of you modelling them?!! M x

OhSoVintage said...

Yes, I, too, expected a photo of you wearing them. At least if Ted hates them you can rest assured he won't be borrowing them and you definitely won't have the embarrassment of finding someone else is wearing an identical outfit.
Ruth x

lettice leaf said...

You'll never get your leg over in those..... a horse of course!

LLX

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

You must post a Christmas time photo of the completed outfit! Lovely to see you yesterday and I am so pleased with my display pieces ~ the mannequin looks very at home already!
Love Ali x

menopausalmusing said...

Gasp! Just put them nearer the screen and I can stroke them........

Andi's English Attic said...

Fabulous. I agree with Betty and Violet - a photo for us all at Christmas please. xx

BadPenny said...

Pumps ! They are glorious x

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

You will look gorgeous in them.

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

You will look gorgeous in them.

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

You will look gorgeous in them.

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

You will look gorgeous in them.

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

You will look gorgeous in them.

Jaki Morris said...

Hi

I was at that fair and I bought some candy striped fabric and I remember how excited you were that it was going into a matching candy striped bag! I have just cut into in and am making some Christmassy lavender bags with it. Next week I'll be making bunting with it.
I'll post pictures on my blog and link back to your site.
Take care
Jakix

Related Posts with Thumbnails