Friday, November 2

unashamedly pimping VINTAGE SHEETS



 
Ok, so we know each other well enough by now. . .

 
you all know I sell on eBay and you all know I started out blogging
to shout it from the rooftops (or the laptops)
and then found out how nice blogging was
just for blogging's sake,
and that unless I had something so
super duper extra deliciously special
and couldn't contain my inner Power Seller a moment longer,
photos wouldn't spill over onto these hallowed pages. . .
 
 
well, things don't get much better than vintage Dorma sheets do they?
1970s originals
Double size
Flat 70" X 100"
Unused
New-Old-Stock
in their original packaging
 
one fabulous sheet?
Noooo
 
two fabulous sheets?
Nooooooooooo
 
but
 
wait for it
 
THREE
TOTALLY FABTASTICALLY FABULOUS SHEETS
 
all identical
all listed this week
 
 
 
phew!
with my head held high I hit the publish button.

Unashamedly pimping vintage sheets
 
 

13 comments:

The Vintage Gardener said...

Nothing wrong with that at all! I don't suppose you have two or more white cotton pillowslips in your collection anywhere do you?

Hesta Nesta said...

I don't blame you for pimping your fab 70's sheets....I do remember something similar from my childhood complete with candlewick bed spread! I will be at the VB in Frome in December so look forward to catching up.
Love
Jo xx

shirley said...

The word "pimping" makes me laugh!!! It makes me imagine you on a street corner in a long mack that opens up to reveal big pockets with those sheets tucked inside!!
pssssssst.......wanna see some sheets?
LOL
xx

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

They are fabulous! Just 'up my street'! :)

menopausalmusing said...

No, no, NO Shirley, Elaine is on a street corner in a large, shiny car with blacked out windows and she is Pimping Her Sheets For England.....

The Cloth Shed said...

What a shameless tart...pimping your sheets for all the world to see...x

delia hornbook said...

ha ha bless you, theres nothing better to me than seeing a vintage sheet in its packaging ;-) Love love love them :-) even though i have been very wicked and cut up lots of mine for sewing projects well not my favourtite ones they go on my bed :-) dee xx

YONKS said...

"Terylene" that made me laugh, remember terry leone. I think it too over from bri-nylon, that stuff that used to spark and seemed like it would glow in the dark!

I started my blog same way, thinking I would advertise my wares but, as you say, it turns into so much more. My box of friends overfloweth! It's wonderful :-)
Di
xxxxx

nilly said...

I'm not very good at Vintage - at what's Fab and what's Not. I can see that these Dorma sheets have allure, but would a Brentford Nylons set be lovely too?

BadPenny said...

oooh we has some at the charity shop - used ones but they were snapped up !
we were laughing about memories of awful nylon sheets the other day - telling the kids who luckily do not have to suffer them 1

lettice leaf said...

Nothing like a good sheet I say!

LLX

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Wonderful Elaine.
We used similar for my daughter's wedding reception...they make fabulous tablecloths!! (off cuts can be used for bunting :)

Niki x

BusyLizzie said...

Go pimp those fab sheets! it is allowed! Lizzie x

Related Posts with Thumbnails