Tuesday, March 5

recycled thoughts


 
ok, so here's the thing. . .
 
I was at the tip, tipping rubbish
and finding some better stuff to take home (as you do)
 
There was a queue for the recycling banks
 
It was sunny, all was well with the world
and sitting in the in the drivers seat patiently waiting my turn
I got to thinking (as you do)
 
What if
you could recycle
your thoughts?
 
Take all the anguish, the negative thoughts, the naggy thoughts,
the beating-yourself-up and not-quite-satisfied thoughts,
the sad thoughts, the despairing thoughts
the confused and dazed thoughts
thoughts that moan, generally about nothing
and bitch
and feel insecure (generally about nothing)
and anxious
and scared
and come alive at 3 a.m?
What if you could take all those daft
unwanted un-needed thoughts to the tip
and pop them in recycling bins
marked
GRIEF and SADNESS
and NONSENSE and BADNESS
and VERY, VERY NAUGHTY
and send them all off to be recycled
into good, kind, nice, loving and giving thoughts?
 
Well, it's a thought isn't it??
xx

15 comments:

thriftwood said...

Oh how I wish I could do that! I tend to dwell on things so that they go forth and multiply ... usually as you say, at 3am!

Thinking good,kind, nice, loving and giving thoughts for you ...

Love Claire xxx

Ethel Johnson said...

I always thought that blogging was thought recycling. I have emptied my brain into mine but not sure whether it will make anything useful! Eco Ethel xx

Vintage Tea Time said...

It's an excellent idea! Now that would change my life! X

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Definitely some food for thought!
Susan x

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely idea!
Julie xxxxxxx

Vintage Jane said...

oh, if only! What a lovely idea.
I took some guttering to the tip yesterday and came home with a bag of about 50 half burnt candles ... like you do!!
M x

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Love that idea :-)!!

Jane said...

Great idea! I need to go to the tip. Ours here is very neat and tidy and well run, but when we lived in South London it was quite a frightening experience - someone stabbed the person in front once because they were talking instead of tipping. Scary!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I think that's a brilliant idea, I would definitely buy shares in this venture....you'd make a packet! ;) x

BadPenny said...

It's a lovely thought which I shall think about at three am !

Molly said...

I think it's a very good thought and am totally sold on the idea.

Sylvia said...

And an interesting one, Elaine !
That would be great ...
Nice week,
Sylvia

nilly said...

Welcome to the club Elaine!
We are the People Who Think Too Much and I haven't found the cure yet.

Lazy Daisy Jones said...

Elaine,
Great idea so handy to be able to do that, slightly agree with ethel.... i do recycle thoughts on my blog but never the bitchy ones!!!!!!!

Daisy j xxx

Kim said...

Love this thought. But would anyone want to pick them out of the tip for their own use? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails