Sunday, June 2

Bruce's morning


 
 
I've just woken up and mum's late as usual. . .
I want to go out in my field and EAT!
 
 
hmm. . .there's some spilt hay in the doorway which I can
snuffle up while I wait
 
 
AT LAST! out thru the barn door into the morning sunshine
 
 
and a walk down my field to find the sweetest grass
 
 
where I'm joined by my field-mate Joseph
who thinks he's my shadow.
 
I walk, he walks. . .
 
 
I stop and eat, he stops and eats. . .
 
 
I scratch an itch. . .
 
 
so he scratches an itch.
 
 
I have to eat very quickly in case he gets more grass than me
 
 
I keep telling him that ALL the grass is mine and
 he can have the nettles, but he doesn't listen
 so I'll eat as much as I can before it's time
to go in this evening. . .

15 comments:

WILLIE........! =^..^= said...

What an absolutely lovely horse..!
And, the shine on his coat, certainly looks nice, when the sun catches it!

Have'nt been on a horse in years...!
Weymouth beach, was the last time, l think...Oh! No! that was a donkey..! :>).

Jee said...

Perfect way to spend the day, Bruce.

Rose H (UK) said...

Hello Bruce!
You've certainly got a great life :o)
Lots of {{hugs}}
Rose H
xx

the woolly dog said...

What a beautiful looking horse. Bit frightened of horses, as the only time I went on one when a child he bolted and no one had any idea how I managed to stay on, he then then trod on my foot!♥

the woolly dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autumn Mist said...

Is he not out 24/7 then? My main joy of summer is not having to muck out!

Rachy said...

Bruce is gorgeous!
And I like his thinking! :D

Vintage Tea Time said...

Bruce - you are a very handsome fellow - no wonder Joseph wants to copy you! Enjoy your week, Bruce! x

BadPenny said...

Gorgeous Bruce.
Dillon shadows me so I decided to play Grandmothers' footsteps with him this morning - he lost !

Sue said...

He's looking magnificent, a total credit to you.

Kim said...

I want a morning like Bruce's.

allhorsestuff said...

Haha, What She Said Above Me!!
To Be Tended To Nice Bruce, You've Got Her Well Trained-dept-Gotta Get Her Up Earlier!
Funny Mimic Horsey Stuff!

Terry said...

Bruce, you are looking mighty shiny and gorgeous!

Maria said...

Bruce and his Shadow...Well aren't you two so very hansom! ~ LOVE your new banner, by the way...Soo majestic a little like Bruce and his Shadow!~ Happy new week to YOU! ~ Maria x

nilly said...

How lovely for Bruce to be out in the sunshine! Over the weekend we watch gypsy horses and caravans trot past our house on the way to Appleby Horse Fair - a lovely, old-fashioned sight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails