Wednesday, September 18

in the Granny Corner!




I told you about the crochet class I've been
attending through September-
well here we all are working under Ali's eagle eye!

Yesterday we began granny squares- Pam and I were the first
to take the BIG STEP in our "granny corner"
while the others completed their round mats.
There was lots of giggling as the penny slowly dropped
and we realised the reason for pre-learning all those basic stitches
and doing our homework
was to give a good ground on which to build
our ability to count stitches, read a pattern and more importantly
notice where we'd gone wrong!

Next week is the last in this course
but we're hoping Ali will run another in November

Ali's got a great blog Hooked! with loads of crochet tips
and she also runs E-Learning Courses.

I really feel like I've achieved something-
thanks for being so patient Ali! xx

 

10 comments:

Marie Ali Campbell said...

I loved reading this blog post. I could see you grinning from ear to ear when you typed away. You did so well and you read your pattern only with a little help from another beginner so what a great achievement for you ! :0) You'll be crocheting those vintage pieces in no time at all. Ali (the one with the eagle eye)

Ethel Johnson said...

That looks like the chic side of granny, keep going and you'll have a blanket before you know it... xx

Lazy Daisy Jones said...

I almost wish i needed to learn...so i could join in the fun!!
bestest d x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Happy Hooking, you won't look back! Did you get my email? Speak soon :) x

the vanilla squirrel said...

what fun.....i would call you a 'hooker' but that might seem inappropriate??!so impressed...i have tried to learn but keep forgetting how to do it on my own!X

Rose H (UK) said...

What a lovely, supportive way to learn a new skill. Brings back happy memories of my Gran patiently teaching me to crotchet :o)
Rose H
xx

Willow said...

Good for you ...thumbs up here.
love to crochet , have already done up 10 scarfs this past month for Christmas gifts. Speaking of granny squares then you might want to take a peek at how I combined them and equine fun in my new post ...yes I really did !

Sylvia said...

So great you did this crochet course, Elaine, well done !
Nice day,
Sylvia

nilly said...

If you want to be really inspired have a look at Sophie Digard's crochet - delicious!
http://www.pinterest.com/crochet_attic/sophie-digard-crochet/

Country Cottage Chic said...

I'm expecting to see all sorts of Granny Square Chic items from you now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails