Thursday, October 24

Ravenous Butterflies



 
 
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
Some things I love about facebook, some things I hate, but one of the nicest pleasures is finding pages on which people take time to post beautiful photos and beautiful quotes.
 
This morning I found just such a page shared by Minerva Black- she of Mrs Black's This and That over here in blogland.

If you "do" fb, pop over and have a look at Ravenous Butterflies

 
 
“You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eye...s drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby.
But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
Margery Williams - The Velveteen Rabbit
 

9 comments:

Crazyhound said...

Just found your blog via the Wooly Dog. Love your posts and the Velveteen Rabbit is one of my favourites.

nilly said...

Emerson is my hero! He was so wise.

Willow said...

I do so love the quote ~ I adore the one from the Velveteen Rabbit !

Jacqui Galloway said...

Lovely post. Quote and photos are beautiful x

Sylvia said...

Great quote, Elaine !
Enjoy the weekend,
Sylvia

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What lovely quotes, I only popped by to say I love your photos in the H&A review. Hope you had a brilliant day. It looks as though you did! X

BadPenny said...

Lovely

Riya Singh said...

It was an awesome experience with Sacl Packer & Movers. As they move my residential products and Hyundai Verna car from Amritsar to Delhi. The charge quotation by SACL Movers and packers in Amritsar was good and the packaging substance quality was amazing. Moreover the company owner, Mr. Sunil was continue connected with me during the whole moving process and I think it the best plus point and benefits with SACL Packers and Movers in Amritsar, as the client gets a personal interest from the company owner. The team also unloads and unpacks our home products at the given deal with zero harm and car was also provided at the given address without any single one damage. I thank them for providing me such an amazing and stress free service with an authentic quoted cost. I wish them best of luck for the long run.
Riya Singh
Delhi, Delhi, India

Deepak Kumar said...



Movers and Packers in Amritsar
Packers and Movers in jalandhar
Packers and Movers in Chandigarh
Packers and Movers in Jalandhar
Packers and Movers in Mohali
Movers and Packers in Panchkula
Packers and Movers in Pinjore

Related Posts with Thumbnails