Friday, February 28

Donkey Nanny





Donkey Nanny, Lombardy, Italy

Facebook is good for some things, and one of them is the amazing photos. . .

I just had to bring this one over to my blog. . .its so gorgeous isn't it?
  1. In the early spring shepherds drive huge flocks of livestock, here sheep, mules, donkeys, and goats from the Pre-Alpine hills to the plains of Lombardy, for grazing. The newborn lambs are carried in a custom made side saddle by the donkeys, and returned to their mothers at rest time.
    Photo: Elspeth Kinneir
    Via -Avantgardens — with Lauren Edmondson McCraw and 47 others.

12 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

Aw, bless - that's too lovely :o)
Rose H
xx

Sylvia said...

So cute ... great photo, Elaine !
Have a nice weekend,
Sylvia

Greenorchid said...

Sweet image Elaine... those ears! Cx

Rachy said...

I adore donkeys and that is very cute. x

nilly said...

In the small thumbnail photo on my blog list I thought those lambs were your latest crochet creations - so very sweet!

Sherri B. said...

Oh my, that is so precious that I can hardly stand it..sigh.

Have a lovely weekend my friend. xo

amanda peters said...

How cute do those lambs look.... Great photo

Janey G said...

ooo gorgeous! so lovely to find you via your beautiful sewing over ta hen's teeth xxxx

Kim said...

So glad you shared this photo, Elaine! I love it!

Willow said...

This was fabulous !
I am so glad you shared it.

Crazyhound said...

what a lovely photo. Thanks for sharing.

Jane the Booklady said...

So lovely, what a heart-lifting photo! Jane xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails